August 19, 2010

This weeks assignment: TR monologue Part Two! Write a first person monolofue describing TRs life as a young man. In your monologue describe some interesting tales of your time as a "cowboy".

I'd always envied the cowboys of the west, and spent many a times as a boy daydreaming about adventure. My daydreams turned into reality when I guide took me on a seven day journey riding the west, sleeping under the stars, and hunting buffalo. One night a pack of wolves scared off all of the horses. Excitedly, we quickly got to our feet and chased off after them. The next morning we awoke sleeping in four inches of rain.

I was at Harvard studying to be a scientist when I got word that my father (whom we called "Greatheart") had passed away. I decided to go into politics, knowing that this is what my father would have wanted. I became a legislator in New York's Assembly, and married the beautiful Alice Lee. She gave birth to our daughter and passed away that same night and my mother, Mittie, died of typhoid fever.

I didn't know what to do with my life. Everything was taken away from me. So I journeyed on back to the west where I learned to rope steers, wrestle calves, and ride bucking horses. I once caught three theives and walked them fourty-five miles to the nearest sheriffs office!

My second journey to the west helped me to begin my life again. I went back east and accepted a job as police commissioner of New York. I then married my childhood playmate Edith Carow.

No comments:

Post a Comment